Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ashley W. / Retail Management

Ashley W.
Ashacatt@aol.com

Objective
I would like to find a career where both my employer and myself would benefit from my skills and experience. I have several years of experience in retail management, and reception, that I believe any employer would benefit from. I have also graduated from Griffin Tech with an associates degree as an x-ray tech. I have some experience in this field both with hands on training from school and from working in a Physicians office.


Work of experience
08/08-current BooksAMillion McDonough, Ga
Bookseller/Barista
I am responsible for customer service, register ops, assisting with displays, handling customer orders and returns, and processing the shipments. I am also trained to open and close the café, take orders and prepare them, and assist with the café orders. I also assist the management in any other way that I can.


8/07-current Rockdale Family Practice Conyers, Ga
X-Ray Tech PRN
I am responsible for taking and developing x-ray images as well as bone density exams. I ensure that both the films and the radiologist reports make it to the correct doctor. I also locate or file patient charts and prepare them for the doctors review. Also I provide patient care while in my department, or at any other time needed.


10/07-2/08 Springmaid Wamsutta Locust Grove, Ga
Sales Associate
At this job I handled sales, customer service, displays, and register operations. I assisted the management with deposit preparation and register balancing, as well as an other duties needed of me. The store closed in late February.


10/07-2/07 Book Warehouse Locust Grove, Ga
Key-holder
I assisted the managers with all aspects of store operations, especially customer service. I was truly sorry when this company went out of business as it has been the most rewarding and pleasant company I have ever worked for.


3/05-6/06 Eagles Landing Family Practice Locust Grove, Ga
Front Office
At Eagles Landing I helped with the checking in and out of patients, locating and preparing charts for the physicians, entering patient data into the computer system, some physician referrals and billing, as well as answering the phone, making appointments, and general customer service. There was a misunderstanding between myself, a MA, and PA at the office which caused the MA and myself to be fired from this employer. I will be happy to explain in detail if needed as I do not feel I was treated fairly in this matter.


10/00-6/05 Book Warehouse Locust Grove, Ga
Assistant Manager
I was responsible for helping the manager in all aspects of store operations as well as helping to supervise other employees. As I was considering entering the medical field I thought it would be a good idea to become familiar with the field.


5/00-11/00 Welcome Home Locust Grove, Ga
Key-holder
I assisted the managers with all parts of the store operations, including sales, customer service, shipping/receiving, and register operations. A former employer asked me to return to work for them and offered better pay and benefits to re-employ me.


3/00-6/00 Book Warehouse Locust Grove, Ga
Key-holder
I assisted the managers with all parts of the store operations, including sales, customer service, shipping/receiving, and register operations. I left this job as I was offered better benefits and pay elsewhere.


5/99-1/00 Strickland’s Pharmacy Griffin, Ga
Pharm Tech
I assisted the pharmacist with filling prescriptions, talking to doctors offices, taking orders, and especially customer service. Due to school and my other job, where I got more hours, I could no longer keep this job.


4/99-4/00 Dress Barn Locust Grove, Ga
Sales Associate
I was responsible for customer service, making sales, operating the cash register, helping to keep the store neat, as well as any other duties assigned to me by the manager or that I saw needed. I left this job as I received a better position elsewhere.

education
2003-2007 Griffin Technical College Griffin, Ga

Radiologic Technologies Program
I have completed the Radiologic Technology Program at Griffin Tech. During this program I was trained in the use of x-ray equipment, as well as several hospital policies, and a great deal of patient care. While attending Griffin Tech I also made the Deans List of student several times.

1998-2002 Gordon College Barnesville, Ga
Pre-Pharmacy Program
While at Gordon I earned an Associates of Science in the Pre-Pharmacy program. I was also nominated for awards in writing by my English professor.

1994-1998 Griffin High School Griffin, Ga
College Prep

No comments:

Post a Comment